How have you been? How did the pizza recipe I shared come along? I would love to get your feedback. in case you missed it, click here Pizza Lovers! Where Art Thou? Today I would love to share cinnamon rolls recipe. You will love the taste of cinnamon, butter and sugar rolled into very soft and buttery dough. Let us get right into it.
- Making the dough
What you need
2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
1 packet instant yeast
¼ cup water
¼ cup sugar
½ cup milk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tea spoon salt
- Mix flour, sugar,salt and yeast in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix milk, water and butter in a heatproof bowl. Microwave until the butter melts (the mixture should feel warm to touch)
- Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and add the beaten egg.
- Use a spatula and stir until you get a soft dough. You can also use an electric mixer.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for around 4 minutes-the dough should feel smooth and soft.
- Place it in a greased bowl and cover it with a plastic wrap and let it rest for around 10 minutes.
As the dough rests, prepare the filling.
What you need
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon cinnamon + ¼ cup sugar
- After 10 minutes roll the dough in a rectangle
- Spread butter on the rolled dough
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture on top of the dough
- Roll the dough tightly and cut 10 or 11 even rolls.
- Arrange on a lightly greased baking sheet or tin.
- Cover them using a plastic wrap and let them rise for an hour.
- Egg wash the rolls and bake them at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- When baked they should be well browned and feel hollow when tapped. When a skewer is inserted, it should also come out clean.